Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Meme from Donna

Reaponding to Donna, Nightmare Mom.
 
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  My father.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? A weej agi
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not at all, never did and it got worse.4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Liverwurst on rye with onions, No mayo
.5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes, four and four grandchildre..
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Tough question. I guess I would 90 % of the time. 
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? All the time it is my forte.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS No lost them 72 years  and never missed them.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Would like to but I fear I am too old to survive a jump.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Rice Krispies for lunch.Coffee..
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes but mostly wear shoe with no laces.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  No I am a flabby old man. But i do have a nive tan.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Pistachio, always has been. 
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their smile or lack there of. 
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My lousy golf game.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST My paremts.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes why not I rarely do these but for Donna I generally make an exceptiom. Anyone who reads will probably know more about me than my family does.
19. WHAT COLOR  SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? black slipper type shoes.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? ice cold pears in sweet syrup for desert. 
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The hum of the ceiling fan. Nice and cool 70 in the Philly area right now.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?  Pink my granddaughter favorite
23. FAVORITE SMELL?  Woods, fir trees wet with rain or dew. Reminds me of my Boy Scout Days
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Allison Schwartz, a local politician who invited me to  atown hall meeting.
25. FAMOUS PERSON YOU WOULD LIKE TO MEET?  Any President including the two probably nominees. I have questions for them all.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?  Donna, one of my favorite Jlanders. 
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?  Golf, Use to be NFL football.
27. HAIR COLOR? Salt and pepper.
28. EYE COLOR? Brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No reading glasses. Optometrist says next time bifocals or no driving.  
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Fried Oysters which I only get three or four times a year. Second oyster stew, wife won't cook it so when she is away I do it and love it with a Manhattan as I cook it and two beers to wash it down.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings  Either will do. The last movie I went to see was Saving Private Ryan
32. I screwed up and erased most to this questionIE YOU WATCHED? I think it had to do with TV movies or shows and I never watch either except for the news. 
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Nice white golf shirt with blue stripes, One of my favorite shirts. 
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Give me summer with the heat and humidity. I love it. 
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Been a while but now I take a hug from the grandchildren any time they are not much on kisses unless I am clean shaven.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Pineapple upside cake.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I trust all who happen to stumble onto my journal.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?  Certainly not my best friend Dan.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Just started "One Lasr Read" by a Philly newspaper sports writer. I read about two books a month. 
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Picture of me teeing off on the Ocean Course on Kiawah Island in SC. My son had it made for me Thanks Bill
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Nothing after the 6 PM news. 
42. FAVORITE SOUND? "Hear comes Grandfather" coming from any the grand kids when I am at their door.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neithers
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?  Probably Hawaii or Italy. I am not sure which is further. Never thought about it.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Blowing smoke rings.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?  Upper Darby PA at home
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?  Any one's who responds.
I must be really be getting senile. I think I might have enjoyed doing this.
If you complete this meme leave me a link, Bill

9 comments:

  1. Well there you are again Bill.  Now we know a little more about you.  It's hot here in WA....yuck!   Linda  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Linda, it is hot in WA. Now come east and try out the weather in Philly. We have all of it. if you don't like it stick around it will change shortly, thanks for visiting, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Bill!!!   thanks for playing along!  Loved getting to know you more..... I love liverwurst, I swear.
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's mine
    http://journals.aol.com/salemslot9/salemslot9journal/entries/2008/07/16/getting-to-know-you/1617

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great meme!  I will do it... probably tomorrow night... I loved your answers!  I was at the Boy Scout camp today and the woods smelled great!  So green and lush... there were chipmunks everywhere, and frogs, and bugs!  LOL

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to eat what you just ate...cold pears and syrup...yummy!!!  :)  I've never been to Philly---when I hear about it, I automatically think of bagels and cream cheese!  :)  Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill, you are such a delight. I've appreciated your comments on my journal, and I love getting to know more about you through this meme. It's a bit long, but I will take it up soon and let you know when I've done it. By the way, my favorite cake is pineapple, too.--Sheria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cried a weej agi too. I cry every weej.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL at makemarc's comment! Anyway, oh, shoot, I forgot what I was going to say. Marc messed me up, LOL. Oh, now I remember. Uhm, you were born at home? Wow!

    Krissy :)
    visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
    please add your blogs to the directory of blogs: from jland to blogger

    ReplyDelete